Materials/Purchasing is seeking a full time employee. This position can advance into the Director position. Hours will be 8am-4pm, Monday - Friday, weekends and holidays off. You will work together with hospital departments including, Acute Care, ICU, Emergency, EMS, Surgery, Physical Therapy, Respiratory, Radiology, Medical Clinics, Occupational/Speech, Business Office/Administration.
• Stocks and delivers department supplies from electronic requisitions and verbal requests.
• Assigns purchase orders and calls vendors to place orders.
• Receives/Delivers facility supplies, and makes notation of the received amounts on the purchase orders and enters data in the electronic information system.
• Must be able to lift 55lbs. Work is active. Must be able to walk, push, pull and lift. Outdoors for short periods of time.
• Rotates inventory continually to prevent out of dates and removes expired stock from inventory.
• Maintains adequate inventory levels.
• Handles all required paperwork on time and correctly inputs daily expenses to Information System.
• Prepares goods for return as appropriate and responsible for shipment of outgoing packages.
• Assists director in procurement and maintaining PAR stock levels in Materials Department
• Participates in annual inventory.
• Communicates with co-workers on special products or equipment needs and directs the questions to the Material Management Director.
• Supports the Hospital's philosophy, procedures, policies and goals.
• Communicates a positive and caring attitude towards peers, other staff members, patients and visitors. Maintains strict confidentiality of patient information.
• Implements safety measures, practices universal precautions and infection control measures and participates in drills.
• Works as scheduled and reports for duty on time. Complies with allotted meal/break times, remaining flexible when necessary.
• Contributes to the hospital's mission, vision, and values by ensuring instruments, supplies, and equipment purchased are handled with care.
• Works independently as well as cooperatively; maintaining professional and effective working relationships with teammates; and demonstrating knowledge and skills necessary to support superior patient care.
• High school graduate or the equivalent.
• Materials management background desired.
• Experience in a health care/hospital environment highly desired.
A few of the benefits we provide you:
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Medical, Dental, Life, & Vision Insurance
• 401k Hospital w/2% match
• PTO, Funeral pay
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Closing Date: 10/26/2019
Beth Cavanah - Director of Human Resources
615 Old Symsonia Rd
Benton, KY 42025